May 17th- Anniversary


This blog post is for you, Matthew Henry Killough

  So today was our anniversary.  We chose to celebrate at the Steak House, even though it had been a long day and we were all a bit exhausted.  Matthew...can you believe we have been married for 9 years? It seems like just yesterday we were both much skinnier, living it up in our tiny little one bedroom apartment. Well, maybe "living it up" isn't the right word...but something like that.  Eating out ALL the time, going to the movies, staying up late watching movies in bed, taking walks in the rain, spending a whole week of Christmas break watching three seasons of 24 (gotta love Jack Bower!), and making midnight runs to Whataburger for some oh-so-good breakfast taquitos.  Oh how things have changed!!  Flash forward nine years....no more Jack Bower.  Instead, it is Octonauts on the Disney Channel, Backyardigans on Nick Jr, and Wild Kratts on PBS.  It is story time and singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" every night.  Sword fights and super heroes.   Screaming and throwing fits.  Tickle monsters and contagious belly laughs.  It is having dinner with Iron Man, Captain America, or the occasional Power Ranger.  (Or in this picture: a snake.) It is "swing me TOO high" and "Are you going to check on me?"  It is no longer "me and you", but "our family."  It seems to be an uphill climb most of the time...but...I wouldn't change a thing.  Not one thing!  (Well...maybe I would have eaten a little healthier and exercised more!)  But as far as our marriage goes...my cup runneth over.  I have no idea how I could love you more than I did when we said our vows...but I do.  My love for you and Wyatt just continues to grow more every day.  I realize just how much God has blessed us with...and how he has proven his faithfulness again and again.  I love you forever and for always...and THANK YOU for loving me and Wyatt with the selfless love that you always have given so freely to us.   

 Here's to another nine crazy, lovely, beautiful years!
IFY

1 comment: