December 10th...Cassidy's birth!

Cassidy's Birthday!!  Matt and I woke up super early and headed out for the hour long drive to get to San Angelo.  Some old school George Strait kept us awake all the way to the hospital.  Even though it was a scheduled c-section, I was starting to notice contractions, but not anything that bad.  When we arrived at the hospital and I was hooked up the monitors, it was obvious I was having pretty strong contractions, but I didn't really start feeling them until right before being wheeled into surgery.  I was too consumed with the ridiculously painful heartburn to really notice anything else.  I was able to take one last picture with Wyatt before he "officially" became a brother.  After I received the epidural and saw Matt walk into the operating room and sit down next to me, everything seemed to go by at lightening speed.  Before I knew it we heard the most beautiful sound (even if it was loud and sounded like a extremely angry cat.)  The last thing I remember were tears rolling down my face and seeing the tears well up in Matt's eyes.  Matt got a picture of Cassidy and I right before the medicine kicked in and completely knocked me out.  I don't even remember taking the picture.  In fact, I don't really remember much about the rest of that day.  It took me what seemed to be forever to completely come out of the anesthesia. I just remember trying SO HARD to carry on a conversation with the nurse in the recovery room so she would let me go to my room.  I just wanted to see my sweet baby girl again!  All 6 lbs, 13oz., and 18 inches of her.  She was healthy and absolutely beautiful!  

I wish I could have been there to witness some of these pictures.  Especially the ones with Wyatt in them.  I LOVE the fact that Matthew got to carry Cassidy to the nursery from the operating room and that they let Wyatt in to help give his sister her first bath.  He is such a proud big brother.

Last picture taken as an "only child"
Waiting
Love at first sight


 




















 

Cassidy gave Wyatt a gift for being such a great big brother


Our new family of four!



No comments:

Post a Comment