November 28th...Thanksgiving

Today was mine and Matthew's first Thanksgiving away from our families.  It was hard...but we really didn't have a choice.  I am full term and Cassidy could make her appearance any day now.  So traveling 5 hours away from home would not be a wise choice.  I tried hard though to make feel like Thanksgiving.  I made my mom's chocolate pie (which surprisingly turned out just right!), Granny's pumpkin pie, Aunt Chrissy's corn casserole, mashed potatoes, broccoli cheese casserole, sweet potato casserole, stuffing, rolls and a turkey.  I must say...I was pretty impressed with myself.  I somehow managed to cook all this while 9 months pregnant.  But my feet are screaming at me now.  My tired feet and hands are swollen like sausages.  But it was well worth it!

I must say that even though we weren't able to spend Thanksgiving with extended family this year, I am still so blessed to have my loving husband, my sweet little boy, and this active little girl inside of me to spend it with.  I have SO MUCH to be thankful for!



No comments:

Post a Comment