June 30th

Today was a fun, busy day for all of Sonora.  It is "Sutton County Days" in Sonora. A day full of celebration and the rodeo and dance to end the day.  Wyatt participated in the "Little Mr. Sutton County" contest...so he got to ride in the parade this morning.  He was the only one chillin' in his Spiderman Boots and Spiderman sunglasses. 





Our friends on the "Eaton Hill" float

He was so excited about the contest.  His talent was...wait for it...wait for it...throwing Spiderman webs!  He told me earlier this week..."Mom...I can't wait to get on stage and show people my Spiderman skills."  They actually lost his paperwork this morning...so he was the very last contestant to go up on stage.  We waited for nearly an hour.  So, that being said, he was a bit tired.  But he still did great!!  We were so proud of him!!  He only showed about 5% of his "skills", but he made everyone smile!  Love my boy!!







Here is a video of my little man during his interview.


After the contest, we went home so he could change into his swim trunks.  He had his eye on some water games in front of the Civic Center.


Wyatt did great at his first rodeo! (I know...I know...I can't believe I waited until he was three years old either!)  The cowboy hat didn't stay on his head the whole time...and neither did the spiderman boots.  But he had a great time.  He watched the bull riders, but told me afterwards he was not a big fan of them...which is fine by me.  I would rather him be a team roper. :) 







No comments:

Post a Comment