April 14th


We woke up this morning at Old Granddad's and the first thing Wy wanted to do was go swimming.  Of course.  The water was too cold...so he was just allowed to put his feet in. 




Hanging out on the back porch with the family brings back good memories.  So thankful Wyatt has the opportunity to experience some of the same experiences I had growing up.  I LOVED hanging out in the back listening to the whistles and loud clanking of the passing trains.  





After spending some time with family...it was time to go home.  But...I was going home alone!  Mom and dad took Wyatt home with them.  He will be hanging out with them for a couple of weeks. (Good luck guys!!)  Do you know what this means? Instead of getting home in 2 1/2 hours... I got home in 4 1/2.  I took my sweet, sweet time.  "That looks like a cute store...I think I will stop and look around."  Yes...I have not been able to do this in three years.  I also drove five miles UNDER the speed limit.  It was so relaxing just to drive along and enjoy the beauty of Texas. The small towns.  The colorful wildflowers.  The windmills.  The sun lowering over the pastures. The horses grazing.  I turned up the radio...loud.   Bob Wills, Marty Robbins and Merle Haggard.  A little Chris Tomlin and David Crowder Band.  And I may or may not have been jamming to some old school Vanilla Ice around San Angelo.  I even splurged and bought a yummy smelling candle in Bronte.  Thanks mom and dad!!




No comments:

Post a Comment