December 25th...Christmas



This Christmas morning was a hard one.  As soon as Wyatt went to sleep last night, we got a phone call that my Pawpaw had been taken by ambulance to the hospital.  I desperately wanted to go be by my Pawpaw's side..but I couldn't ignore the fact that my son had gone to sleep fully expecting to be woken up the the magic of Santa Clause in the morning.  I didn't want to miss that.  So...I got to experience the joy of the smile on my son's face this morning...but I also had pain and fear of the unknown exploding somewhere deep inside me.  It was a hard Christmas morning.  But as far as Wyatt knows...it was another magical Christmas. And it had to be magical...because it was a white Christmas.  And if you have ever lived in Texas...you know that it MUST be magic!


Yes..my son asked Santa for a shopping cart so he could help mom shop for groceries.  How awesome is that?!?  








 




 We went to Grampy's house later in the day...the roads turned out to be worse than we expected.  Needless to say...it was a short stay...we didn't want to be out too late on the ice.  It was good to see family...wish we could have stayed longer.  




No comments:

Post a Comment