November 26th


So today was the day...the day we pulled out all the Christmas stuff.  The funny thing is I actually thought it was going to be quicker this year.  Last year we left all the lights on the tree and just put the tree (still assembled) in the garage.  The plan was that we could just take it out of the garage this year and all we would need to do is put on the ornaments.  Brilliant, right?  It was a perfect plan, that is until I plugged it in and half the lights didn't work.  I then spent the next 30 minutes trying to find the end of the strand that didn't work. Turns out it was one clear strand and half of a red strand.  No big deal, I will just take them off and go buy another clear and red strand.  Well, after searching at every store in our small town, turns our there are NO red lights for sale in all of Sonora.  So...instead of driving an hour to Walmart...we are just going with clear light this year.  Ok.  Situation over.  But wait...I haven't checked the smaller tree in the kitchen yet.. Dad gummit! Yep.  Same situation with the other Christmas tree.  I know what you are thinking..."Why do you have a tree in the kitchen?" My answer... because I do.  I have it.  And therefore, it must be used.  And it just can't go up without lights.  So...that being said...it was a long day of getting the "Christmas stuff" up.  But I am so thankful to have the "stuff."  I know "stuff" is not what makes up Christmas, but it just brings back such good memories of Christmas seasons past.  I love the lights, the smells, the sounds, and even the things that don't look glamorous at all.  Like the Santa tin under the tree that has dents ALL over it.  But every time I look at it I remember Wyatt beating it with his toy drumsticks like it was a drum. My own little drummer boy...pa rum pum pum pum.







No comments:

Post a Comment