March 24th

Today, as I snapped pictures, I was a bit jealous of my sweet Wyatt.  We got word this afternoon that one of our sweet friends from church was in the ICU in San Angelo and had been given hours...maybe days..to live.  My heart was heavy as we headed to Angelo to visit him.  But as we walked up to the hospital, Wyatt became so excited to see the waterfalls at the entrance.  It was then I realized that Wyatt had no past experience with hospitals.  He was surrounded by a building full of people in pain and distress...and he had no knowledge of what was going on.  People had red eyes from crying as they walked through the doors...but here was Wyatt...laughing and smiling at the feel of the cold water running through his fingers.  I desperately wished that I could take on his innocence as I walked through the front doors...without the knowledge of the hurt and suffering that was surrounding me.  My prayer for Wyatt is that he will have many, many years before his heart has the sharp realization of that harder part of life. 


Holding daddy's hand as we walked up to the hospital.

 
 And Grammy on the other side.


Playing the "quiet game" with Grammy.  As you can see from his mouth, Grammy won...over and over.



You see crayons...Wyatt sees super heroes.  Wyatt wants crayons at the restaurant...not to color like a civilized three year old...but to fly them around the table as Spiderman and Power Rangers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment